DELIJE.net Forum Index www.DELIJE.net
Форум ДЕЛИЈА - навијача Црвене Звезде

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XRONIA POLLA !!! - HRISTOS SE RODI !!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DELIJE.net Forum Index -> GATE 7 - Olympiakos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
red_knight
ДЕЛИЈА јуниор

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2006 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, i don't know many details about this story.

Our calendar changed about 1924.

It is the medieval conflict between Gregorian and Julian calendar ... who is wrong and who is right is not so clear Smile

But in Greece, there are some priests, Christian Orthodox ofcourse, who follow the "old" Julian Calendar like you.

The official Hellenic Orthodox Church, deal with them almost as heretics.

The old calendar followers are organised, have their own churches and the Greek State don't help them financially at all, because the official church don't recognise them.

But in Holy Mountain, they have a very strong Monastery, "Moni Esfigmenou" ... they are called the hooligans of the church !!!

for more details:

(Greek) -

http://el.wikipedia.org/wiki/%CE%93%CF%81%CE%B7%CE%B3%CE%BF%CF%81%CE%B9%CE%B1%CE%BD%CF%8C_%CE%B7%CE%BC%CE%B5%CF%81%CE%BF%CE%BB%CF%8C%CE%B3%CE%B9%CE%BF

(Serbian) -

http://sr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%93%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%98%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8_%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%B0%D1%80
Пијанац
ДЕЛИЈА сениор

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2006 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Хатори брате, we shouldn t now make an issue out of this question. This people are our orthodox brothers, their orthodox church recognises Julian calendar and thier Christmas was 3 days ago. Thus it is the most natural thing that we respect the fact that they celebrated Christmas and that we congratulate them. In ten days time they will be congratulating us. It s not the time for such serious talks. Take it easy, it s holidays time, time for all of us to be happy and to spread happiness and good will towards each other.

Who gives a damn about Vatican and the pope of Rome? Lets not think about them.

Ћале ти у ђубретарима...
MGF
ДЕЛИЈА сениор

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2006 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will never have the correct date anyway, so the discussion is pointless.
Red Star Forever
ДЕЛИЈА сениор

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2006 08:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the discussion is pointless and maybe we shouldn't talk about that in the time for holidays, but that is very important question for all orthodox churches... As Hatori said this is one of the first steps of vatikan in taking over domination on all Christians... And I don't like it too... I don't want to have anything mutually with criminal circles of vatikan and the most part of catholic church... As I know our church was considering to change calendar in the past, but not with this "catholic" one... Our mathematician mr.Milankovic (if I am not wrong) made a calendar with a little changes in Gregorian calendar and it is proved that it is one of the most correct calendars ever made... Why they didn't our church take it I don't know, but in the present stories are going around that some church dignitaries more louder are pleading for transition on juliann calendar...
red_knight
ДЕЛИЈА јуниор

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2006 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth is that the Gregorian calendary is more correct, but the Julian more ... traditional.

The Hellenic Orthodox Church, follows the Gregorian calendary, but celebrates the Easter by the Julian calendary ...

Actually the "conflict" between the churches (Orthodox, Catholic, Protestant) was about celebrating the Easter ... nothing more ...
spyros7
ДЕЛИЈА јуниор

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2006 09:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

ΧΡΟΝΙΑ ΠΟΛΛΑ ΚΑΙ ΚΑΛΑ ΣΕ ΟΛΟΥΣ!
ΥΓΕΙΑ,ΧΑΡΑ ΚΑΙ ΕΥΤΥΧΙΑ!
κΑΛΗ ΕΠΙΤΥΧΙΑ ΣΤΙΣ ΟΜΑΔΕΣ ΜΑΣ! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Red7Salonika
ДЕЛИЈА јуниор

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2006 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think that a calendar can change our minds(but we should have the same one all orthodox people) ....what ever happens we ll be orthodox (serbs,greeks,rusian) and for the orthodox church the biggest feast is Easter (all orthodox have it in the same time) all the xmas celebration is more west-north europe (And catholic) the trees the turkey santa clauss and .....blah blah blah....

ps xmas celebration i mean that in nowdays its not so traditional as the past its more <<coca cola xmas>>.And i dont want to decrease xmas with this post

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND ALL THE BEST FOR 2007 BROTHERS
Милош Б.С.
ДЕЛИЈА сениор

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2006 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same brother Wink
MGF
ДЕЛИЈА сениор

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2006 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ps xmas celebration i mean that in nowdays its not so traditional as the past its more <<coca cola xmas>>.

This is true in the west, it is not like that because of the catholics but because of the jews. Traditional catholic people here still celebrate christmas and the birth of Jesus. However the jews created santa claus, they own all the media so it's not hard to manipulate all the people in north america. They want to change christmas into a holiday for everyone in north america, so they can make more money from stupid people. For example, before they used to call it "christmas tree" but now they call it "holiday tree" in north america, because they don't want to offend muslims and jews with the word "christmas"... They want to make it a holiday for everyone, to make money like i said.

This is why it is very important to keep our Serbian tradition and Greeks also theirs. Even though the date has changed it shouldn't change the way you celebrate christmas. No santa clause and that jewish bullshit Smile
унцле вања
ДЕЛИЈА сениор

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2006 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

they still call christmas tree,nobody calling "holiday tree".
MGF
ДЕЛИЈА сениор

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2006 01:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is still debate about that. For example in the Supreme court of Canada they had to remove the "christmas tree", because it offended other religions. So instead of removing the tree they made a ruling that it should be called a "holiday tree" so it would suit everyone. Like I said it is not fully official but there's constant debates about it. Here's one of many links as an example ( http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,177045,00.html ) The name of the tree was changed to "holiday tree" but again they changed it back to "christmas" but you can be sure there's gonna be issues about this later on.
RedBull-7-
ДЕЛИЈА сениор

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2006 06:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OLD calendar of course it's the correct one! I don't know why Greek Orthodox Church follows the new one, and lot of Greeks they follow the old one!
The strongest brotherhood in Europe
УлтрасЛондон
Стара гарда

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2006 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

MGF - that is political correctness that bombs with uranium. Holiday tree Smile so when you go to church you go to a Holiday-in?!
"Opening to everyone" "not offending others" I live in the UK and it is my choice, so how can I be offended by English tradition? I can not. I can criticize privately, but if I do not like something I should fuck off home.

Attitude like that, changing to a holiday tree, destroys national identity, which might be ok for Canada as they had to make one recently. Nevertheless, that is the reason more why they have to defend it, as their national identity is fragile (relatively young country, French,...). National culture is destroyed, national boundaries eroded, all people seeking same goods --> world wide market opened.

It must be a duty of us all to defend our national identity, cultural values and beliefs. However, in Serbia and in Europe we live in the time when everything that comes from the West is accepted as beneficial and any ideology, as long sa it is modern, is the one we all should follow. There are certainly some benefits and we should all be open minded - that means to be open minded and study it, listen, learn, but not necessarily to accept it.

In order to sat that the cricket is sport for morons, one should learn the rules, try to understand and then conclude - cricket is a sport for morons.
п дубаи
ДЕЛИЈА сениор

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2006 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tradition must be followed and kept at all costs if needed. When I was a kid my father would never let me have candles on the birthday cake because he heard that was a Catholic thing. Also, we never had a Christmas tree in the house but we always had a "Badnjak" (oak tree). Instead of Santa Claus and Christmas tree I was getting presents from "Bozic Bata" under Badnjak.
I was a kid at the time, and I must say that really didn't understand it and apparently neither did my friends. My dad tried to explain me, but that was hard to explain to a kid. Now, when I grew up, I see the picture. Even though at the time I hated my father for doing it, I'm thankful now that he did it. He was teaching me a very important lesson in life, if not the most important- tradition and culture of one's nation is the thing that should never be forgotten. Why would I accept western culture and their customs when I have my own culture which by the way is older then theirs. Why would I accept Santa when I have Bozic Bata? Like UltrasLondon said, you should not be ignorant and now nothing about other people's culture&customs but have the courage to criticize it. I'm trying as hard as I can to find out things about all cultures in the world, to learn different languages, but I'm not doing it because I want to accept it and then say how my country is rotten. Au contraire, I'm doing so it can be my basis to love MY country and MY culture even more but at the same time be competitive to talk about the others as well.

Maybe I got off the topic a little bit, but I just felt some urge to write all of this.

Learn about other cultures and customs but keep and cherish your own. Marry Christmas to all Greek brothers.
MGF
ДЕЛИЈА сениор

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2006 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
MGF - that is political correctness that bombs with uranium. Holiday tree Smile so when you go to church you go to a Holiday-in?!
"Opening to everyone" "not offending others" I live in the UK and it is my choice, so how can I be offended by English tradition? I can not. I can criticize privately, but if I do not like something I should fuck off home.

Very true, that is the way I thought about it when I first came into the country. However they are trying to be too tolerant with everybody, they don't want anyone offended. This is definitely more present in Canada then it is in the United States.

But the way I think of it, they don't care for the religion. Either of these countries, they just want to make people happy so later on they can get their money. They let people here do anything, for example you have people who put up Iranian flags on their cars and houses, but they live in Canada. It's like "do whatever the fuck you want you stupid immigrant, just pay me my taxes in the end of the year and we're good." That's how I see it.

There is too much diversity here, and everybody is sticking to their own groups. Sometimes you will enter a coffee shop where all these afghanistan people come to drink tea, and when you walk in and wait to order, you feel like youre in fucking afghanistan.

That is why I say culture and religion is forgotten, pay me taxes and do my dirty jobs and we can get along.

ps - Sorry if I went offtopic a bit Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DELIJE.net Forum Index -> GATE 7 - Olympiakos All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: